The inaugural Mt. Nittany Marathon has run its course. The Conservancy would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to all the runners, volunteers, and sponsors who made the event a success.
The hot, humid day made it a tough course but the supportive volunteers at water stops and all of the turns were great and really helped out the runners. We heard that there were a few impromptu stations as well along the course. In addition to the water, Gatorade and gels provided for the race, volunteers brought their own snacks, watermelon, cookies, and candy for the runners.
Thanks again to the people of our wonderful community.
A total of 138 runners completed the marathon with 43 female and 95 male finishers.
1. AJ Kelly, 31, Altoona, PA (2:45:48)
2. Thomas Rudowsky, 20, Lexington Park, MD (2:57:35)
3. Richard Koubek, 24, State College, PA (2:58:46)
1. Kathryn Koetje-Simin, 42, State College, PA (3:32:15)
2. Jessica Sarnicola, 33, New York, NY (3:33:55)
3. Becky Wittrig, 45, Port Matilda, PA (3:39:40)
Image: Tom Shakely